News and Updates
- If you would like to receive regular updates by email then please sign up to receive our Newsletter. You can do this by entering your email address in the box on the left of this page. You can also follow us on Twitter @beautifulbeers and Facebook for the latest news.
- When ordering could you please choose to open an account and NOT to check out as 'guest'. This way you will be able to return to your account, orders and check tracking. This will speed up any queries you may have on your order or account. Thank you.
- We have placed our first post-Brexit order with our Belgian suppliers. So far it has taken 3 weeks and the goods are still not in the UK. Numerous issues with documentation, procedures and customs declarations will mean any new supplies will take much longer to arrive than previously. Hence you may find that a number of Belgian beers are currently unavailable to order. On top of this we are experiencing extortionate rates for the completion of customs declarations for imports. This, together with increased costs of transport and poor exchange rates will mean a considerable increase in price for Belgian and other European beers. We will be instigating a price rise as soon as we recive new stock. Expect around £0.25 per 33cl bottle, £0.50 for 75cl bottles and £1.00 per glass increase. This has been the most difficult decision we had to make in the past 10 years. Apologies to all those that voted 'Remain'.
- We are suspending all parcel deliveries to the EU and Northern Ireland due to the issues currently experienced by customers in those countries. We received reports of parcels being held by customs, additional customs charges for alcohol and charges of VAT (or the equivalent for those countries) and fees to release parcels. This is occuring even though we have produced all the correct documentation for any parcels leaving the UK and is completely out of our control. We will review this issue once we are certain customers in the EU and Ireland are not negatively inconvenienced by beer exports from the UK.
- We have decided to reduce the range of canned beers we carry and concentrate on bottled beers, ciders and mead. The simple fact is that in the past year 95% of our sales were bottled beers, with only about 3% in canned beers and ciders. Many of the canned beers we stock have very short BBE dates which means we have to sell them quickly as well as the need to store them refridgerated. Wastage is high on these products. You may have noticed we are offering a range of canned beers at very low prices due to their BBE dates. We will continue to stock good local breweries that only have canned beers in their range such as Burnt Mill and Duration. We will also stock a few other breweries on rotation.
- January Covid-19 Update:
Due to the falling rate of infections across the East of England we now offer a 'click & collect' service again, as well as a delivery service. Orders can be placed on our website and paid for. Please choose 'collect from shop' in the delivery option. We will send you an email when your order is ready for collection. Collections can be made Monday to Saturday between 10am and 2pm. After that time we are our delivering. Any questions, please give us a call.
Please allow plenty of time to get your order delivered, due to increase in internet orders. Again, please bear in mind that once it has been sent we have no further control over the delivery date/time. Please make sure you are available to receive your parcel. Alternatively you can let us know a safe place where to leave your parcel, prior to dispatch.
- Following a spate of a number of lost and damaged parcels we have decided to change our Courier Agent. We now offer a higher quality service through APC Couriers who will also notify you by email when your parcel will be delivered. This will also be a quicker service. This does mean, however, that the cost of sending your parcels has gone up, so we have increased the minimum order threshold for free delivery to £55. Below this it will still be only £6.95 which is still lower than the cost of sending your parcel. Free delivery threshold and delivery charges may change in the near future.
- Shop Opening Hours & Local Deliveries:
As previously, we offer a free delivery service. This is on any orders over £30 within Bury St. Edmunds, and for orders over £55 for a wider area. Please allow 2 to 5 days for your order to be delivered depending on the distance from Bury St. Edmunds. We will endeavour to come to you as soon as possible, but deliveries are done late afternoon. If you live in a village without a house number, please leave detailed instructions as house names are almost impossible to find in the dark. Thank you for your assistance.
We expect to open the shop again early April 2021 to customers.
Please stay safe and well. See you all soon.
Beautiful Beers - Thu Mar 04 18:03:39 GMT 2021 [web4]